The following terms and abbreviations are used in these web pages:
- All Wave
- Interest in all radio bands.
- Trying to receive & log distant and/or difficult to receive
- Dxing the FM broadcast band (88 - 108 Mhz).
- Amateur Radio or Amateur Radio operator.
- International Postal Reply Coupon (available at your local post
- Longwave Band (below 540 kHz).
- Two-way communications monitoring above 30 mHz, Police, Fire,
Ambulance, Aircraft, Military, Trains, Fed Gov't, Maritime and
inland waterways, businesses, etc.
- Dxing the medium wave broadcast frequencies of 540 - 1700 kHz.
- North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
- Written verification of reception from a station.
- Sample copy of club's bulletin or newsletter.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Shortwave or shortwave broadcasting, usually 1.6 to 30 Mhz.
- Dxing the television broadcast bands.
- Listening/DXing utility stations below 30 Mhz. Maritime, Aeronautical,
Military, Emergency Nets, Spies and Smugglers, Time, Weather,
etc. Modes: Voice, Morse Code, Teletype, Fax, etc.
ANARC Web is designed and maintained by Ralph
Last Modified: Sunday, March 7, 1999, 23:12 GMT